(5 days per week, for an average of 35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Recruiting for March 2022. Salary of between £24-26,000 depending on experience.
Think! is a growing strand of the opportunities which SparkFish offers to schools. It is designed to promote spiritual development, a required curriculum area with which schools often value support. It is offered to schools as ‘A space to Think!… reflect, wonder, ponder, pray’.
SparkFish, inspired by Prayer Spaces in Schools, has gathered a bank of ideas, activities and resources to plan and present a special, thoughtful space in the heart of a busy school. Typically this will be set up for 3 – 4 days, so that all the students can visit it in groups of about 15. We have a small team of staff and volunteers who are experienced in setting it up and staffing the space.
Planning Think! week:
- Liaison with school to plan dates, times and theme
- Planning of resources, ordering as necessary
- Organisation of team members to set up, lead and take down the Think! Space
- Resources transported to school and set up in space provided
- Sessions led by team members
- Resources taken down and returned to storage
In addition, we hope that the co-ordinator will continue with the more general area of
- Team recruitment and training
- Liaison with local churches to encourage school-church-SparkFish partnership
- Maintaining and developing links with Prayer Spaces in Schools and other networks
The post holder will also be invited to spend one day a week at a local Primary School providing and resourcing support for the personal and emotional development of identified individuals / groups of students as part of a wider school pastoral team. This opportunity will come with training and peer supervision.
Because of the ethos of our organization, we are seeking a committed Christian for this post. Experience in work with children or young people is essential, together with organisational skills.
For more information and an application form, please download our application pack: Think-Coordinator-Role-2021-Application-Pack.pdf
Interviews will take place the week beginning Monday 31st January 2022.
Please email Harriet Pearce, Director of SparkFish, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require more information.